O(on) Topic

Joel Jones jajones2@facstaff.wisc.edu
Tue, 18 Feb 2003 14:26:46 -0600

On 2/18/03 10:46 AM, "Avery Todd" <atodd@UH.EDU> wrote:

> Friends,
>
> We've got a fair number of artist benches around here and apparently
> they get used.
>
> In the last year or so I've had some recovered(reupholstered) by
> Jansen. They come back looking like new.  Unfortunately, they (and
> others) don't recover any but those of their own manufacture.
>
> Is there any "normal" piano supplier who will work on one like the
> Kimballdorfer hydraulics or Steinway adjustable benches, or should I
> look for a local furniture place?
>

> Conrad Hoffsommer - Music Technician
> Luther College, 700 College Dr., Decorah, Iowa 52101-1045
> Vox-(563)-387-1204 // Fax (563)-387-1076
>
> - People never grow up, they just learn how to act in public. -Bryan White

Conrad,
I assume you talked with Paul about the benches.  However, I was under the
impression that he made benches for Steinway and that they took over the
works from Kim/Bos when they went out of business.
    Do you take the mechanisms out before your ship?  It may save freight
and some time at the Jansen shop.
    A local upholstery shop may be able to do the work, but also might be a
bit pricey.
Keep us informed.
Joel
--