S&S plate crack

Mark Cramer Cramer@BrandonU.CA
Mon, 17 Feb 2003 15:37:25 -0600

I just noticed a hairline plate-crack in a 1922 model B we've had donated.

It extends from the tenor plate screw nearest the break, through the rear F2
tuning-pin hole on one side, and 3/4" along the V-casting in the other
direction.

It is only a hairline, not a gap, and as the block appears original, it may
be an "oops" dating back to the factory.

I'm not especially concerned about it,.. should I be?

thanks,
Mark Cramer,
Brandon University

BTW, I only had one reply (private) on the 9' Estonia concert grand (1960's)
I mentioned,..honestly, no-one else has encountered one of these?

How about a Yugo, anyone driven one?  There is this truly "dark" comedy with
Bette Middler and Danny DeVito called "Drowning Mona!" :>) A wonderful look
at the former East Block consumer goods!