Temperament Tests, Thought # 1

Mary C. Smith MarySmith@mail.utexas.edu
Thu, 13 Feb 2003 19:38:11 -0700

>Dear List Folks:
>    An interesting comparison would be to quantify interest in and
sensitivity to alternative and multiple temperaments vs. interest in one
solution to the temperament question (E.T. or other), and then compare these
scores with scores on the Myers-Briggs personality test or the Hartman
Boundaries Test.
>    I believe we might be able to show that the different responses people
have to this issue are deeply rooted in the different ways that different
personalities perceive the world.
>    If so, this would provide objective evidence that the question is
innately subjective.
>        Ed Sutton

You mean, like "I don't know much about art, but I know what I like."? Not
to say all you lovely folks don't know much about temperaments - obviously,
there is a wealth of knowledge here! BUT, I do believe it's subjective. Vive
le difference!