job security: let's talk!

Mary C. Smith MarySmith@mail.utexas.edu
Thu, 6 Feb 2003 07:56:06 -0700

Mark,

I thought about replying privately, but am willing to respond on-list to
what you've said, which I think is quite to the point. I really support the
ideas you've brought forward, especially about making our own choices
regarding work (and this also applies to life in general). While no job is
ever perfect (at least not in my experience or that of my friends), we can
choose our own paths at all times, and if something bugs us, I believe we
have choices: 1) work for change, 2) grin and bear it, 3) move on.
Sometimes, we end up doing all three things, simultaneously. Anyway, it pays
to be philosophical now and then, and tuning gives me plenty of time to
think, and you've sparked some interesting thoughts this morning. Thanks!

Mary