Yamaha U1's and double wheel castors

Wed, 05 Feb 2003 21:09:54 -0500

David -
I did a set a year ago.  I believe they were plate casters.  The problem I
had was with the width of the head of the screws they supplied.  In order
to allow the caster to rotate unimpeded, I had to significantly reduce the
original head width.  I think I chucked the screws (16 of them) into
a  reversible electric drill and took them down on a belt sander.

Also, it does change the height, most noticeably at the pedals.  Lastly,
these casters need brakes.  It is very easy for the piano to begin rolling
away from the player, especially if there is any incline at all...but they
DO       save the floors and your back.  Good luck.

David Skolnik