Yamaha U1's and double wheel castors

Thomas D. Seay, III t.seay@mail.utexas.edu
Wed, 5 Feb 2003 16:32:14 -0600

>List,
>
>I've got four new Yamaha U1's with the little hard castors that are
>tearing up the ballet floor in differnent studios.  If I install rubber
>wheels(.which I have done on big uprights many times) will I run
>into excessive height or fitting problems underneath?  Has anyone
>done this?
>
>David I.
>
>They would rather not install a truck as the pianos don't get moved
>much...

We've replaced the casters on two of our Yamaha U1 pianos using the
U1 rubber caster replacements from Yamaha. I don't remember running
into any problems with them at all, except having to drill new holes
for the screws. You do have to specifiy which type caster you have
(different for older U1s like ours) or you might get a set which
won't work at all.

Ask me sometime how I know.

If you don't use the Yamaha replacement/upgrade casters, you may well
run into some height or fitting problems when installing them.

Good luck,

Tom
--

Tom Seay