Gurgling in my tummy

Wimblees@aol.com Wimblees@aol.com
Mon, 3 Feb 2003 18:08:25 EST

stranges@Oswego.EDU writes:

> I heard rumors today at lunch about Pataki cutting up to 5000 jobs this
> next year in NY State.
>
> I am 3/4 time here and with the numbers and state of our music
> department....   deep down I feel ........REAL BAD.
>
> :( Oswegette

How's your relationship with the faculty and administration? Jobs that get
cut are usually non essential type positions. So it all depends on how
important the faculty and chairman think the pianos are. If the general
consensus around the department is that they are willing to play on out of
tune, unregulated pianos, you better start looking. But around here, at least
I think they think this way, they might cut some faculty positions, because
the pianos still need to be kept in tune. They have almost a $1 million in
inventory. That's a lot of inventory not to be maintained. But maybe that's
wishful thinking.

Wim