shell-shock

Susan Kline sckline@attbi.com
Sat, 01 Feb 2003 13:50:53 -0800

At 01:40 PM 2/1/2003 -0500, you wrote:
>Oh, I see, it was Steve Kabat who wrote the original note. Sorry.
>Bob D

No sweat -- I sometimes voice with shellac now (ultrablonde, pretty dilute),
and it leaves just a little color. I wonder if that would make it easier to
tell where it was going, when putting it in from the side?

I've never used it on a fresh set of hammers. I wonder if anyone else
has used it for initial juicing? So far I've just used a little shellac
just behind the strike area to add a little brightness, especially in
the top octave. It seems forgiving, and it doesn't make that "ping" that
keytop does.

Susan