More Technology

Ed Sutton ed440@mindspring.com
Tue, 30 Dec 2003 15:15:55 -0500

Yeah, I believe P. T. Barnum had a few words of wisdom about eager =
beavers like me!

Ed S.
  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: David Ilvedson=20
  To: caut@ptg.org=20
  Sent: Tuesday, December 30, 2003 1:29 PM
  Subject: Re: More Technology

  And we appreciate you trying it out for us at your expense...;-]

  David I.

  From: Ed Sutton <ed440@mindspring.com>
  To: College and University Technicians <caut@ptg.org>

  Jim-

  Actually, I think the physics makes sense. =20

  But I'm curious how to tune unisons once it's installed.  In theory, =
you would only have to tune one of the two coupled strings until the sum =
of the two frequencies divided by two equaled the target frequency.  =
Think of what this implies for practice room tunings!

  Also, I wonder if it could reduce the noise of false beating strings =
on a certain high end vertical piano I have been known to grumble about.

  I've sent in my $145, and should have something to say in a few days.

  Ed Sutton
    ----- Original Message -----=20