Touch Weight

Sun, 21 Dec 2003 16:02:25 +0100

> Isaac sur Noos wrote:
>
> Vince,
>
> I believe that you are also changing the moment of inertia with
> changes in regulation parameters , attack angle of the keys, height of
> the centers - while it does not make sense at first.

Given the fact that the moment of inertia is the result of the amount of
mass, and its distance from an origo...fulcrum... whathaveyou.. I dont
see how that can be true. I think you are looking for some other
quantity here then the moment of inertia. The center of gravity
changes.. yes ?? the leverage changes yes ?? But the mass stays where it
is in the same quantities.

> I concur to say that the leading of the keys is not the way the action
> can be lightened, or make heavier, it is quite simple to experiment
> with leads using double sided tape and normal cylindrical leads, you
> can experiment on many kind of setups.

This, I am beginning to agree with myself. Key leading, assistsprings...
etc... have more to do with the response of the action then its
(dynamic) <<weight>>

> I believe that the action mass may match the pianists hand weight so
> to be comfortable, finding the way to express those parameters in
> numbers should certainly be useful.

Here I am 100 % and very enthusiastically in agreement !! Finding that
description would be the Alpha / Omega of action design.

> Best Regards.
>
> Isaac OLEG

Cheers
RicB