Steinway Parts Delays?

Allen Wright awright440@cinci.rr.com
Fri, 19 Dec 2003 13:54:23 -0500

Eric,

I agree that the Tokiwa felts are very nice. One thing I experienced on the
two sets I've used so far (one on a Baldwin SD and the other a Steinway M),
however, is that with the Tokiwa's I had to slice many if not most of the
trichord wedges deeper to get them to damp properly, which meant it took a
LOT more time to get them damping. I don't remember ever having to do this
with Steinway damper felts, which I've generally had good luck with.

Allen Wright