Touch weight

Fred Sturm fssturm@unm.edu
Fri, 19 Dec 2003 07:22:40 -0700

Vince,
	This seems, BTW, to be an argument for weighting a keyboard as a whole,
using a template to position leads, as opposed to "individually weighting."
Which is a notion that has a lot going for it. As Roger Jolly likes to say,
individual weighting is usually just a way to cover up errors elsewhere.
And, of course, using wipp assist springs allows one to reduce the overall
moments of inertia. Exactly to what extent one should do this is an open
question. And, I suppose, subject to a great deal of personal preference.
	I'm curious: have you calculated moments of inertia for a number of
keyboards, and do you have some data to share?
Regards,
Fred Sturm
University of New Mexico

--On Friday, December 19, 2003 5:47 AM -0800 madelyn mrykalo