Steinway Parts Delays?

Mary Smith marysmith@mail.utexas.edu
Thu, 18 Dec 2003 21:17:22 -0600

Hi,

Just be sure to raise the dampers off the strings when you insert your
mutes. Trichord wedges are notoriously feeble, and will tear at the
slightest provocation. One problem we have seen at UT is that the sides of
the trichord wedges are not cut evenly (this is on the replacement sets
we've bought from NY). In other words, one side is fat, the other, skinny.
This causes bad damping on the skinny side, and you have to resort to all
sorts of shenanigans to solve the problem. I am curious to know if the
Tokiwa felts have this problem or not. Eric?....

Mary Smith
University of Texas at Austin