Touch weight

Wimblees@aol.com Wimblees@aol.com
Mon, 15 Dec 2003 18:26:32 EST

I've just done complete down and up weight measurement on the new D. From C1
- F2, the down weight is between 52 and 55 grams. The rest is between 47 and
50, with a few 45's and 46's in the 7th octave. Upweight is generally between
27 and 30 grams, with some as low as 25 and a couple as high as 34.

The Piano Action Handbook says down should be 51-52 in the bass graduating to
47 in the treble, with up weights at 20. After Christmas I'm going to lube
all centers and check for pinning. Hopefully I'll get better upweight
measurements. Is this about what you guys are going for? BTW, is TW the difference
between down and up, or am I missing something in the calculation?

Wim