piano purchase specs

BobDavis88@aol.com BobDavis88@aol.com
Mon, 15 Dec 2003 16:01:16 EST

Excellent ideas on piano purchasing, Fred,

I'd add a specific call for an individual assessment by the technician to
this. You may have this in mind already, but the spec is ambiguous, and could as
written include three performers and no tech.

The University for which I do part-time work, the University of the Pacific,
recently bought ten Steinway grands and six Bostons. I was taken on the
selection (both locally and to New York). Even though these are first-rate
instruments, I did give several the boot for technical reaso, and they were glad they
took me.

Bob Davis