Wim - pinning?

Jim Busby jim_busby@byu.edu
Fri, 12 Dec 2003 12:54:33 -0700

Wim,

I'm still interested in knowing how the pinning, seating, and hammer
mating were on that S&S. (the new one) Maybe I missed it, but did you
ever find out why it seemed "dead" or whatever they complained of? I'm
interested to know if it was like those we received here and after
repinning and other misc. "concert prepping" they came alive. The
repinning especially made a big difference.

Don and Ed also mentioned that it needed to be "played in" and I must
admit that we have a fine piano major from Japan that played the heck
out of our B to the tune of about 8 hr.s per day for nearly two weeks!
I'm sure that was a big factor.

Let me know if that's what you found too, or if you think it was a
mental thing on the artist's part. I still have 6 more to prep.

Thanks,
Jim Busby BYU