admission charges

Otto Keyes okeyes@uidaho.edu
Wed, 10 Dec 2003 10:55:11 -0800

By the way, Music students do not pay to attend, as they are enrolled in a convocation course which requires attendance at a certain number of recitals per semester.  Admission fee is only for those outside the dept.

Otto
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Jeff Tanner
  To: College and University Technicians
  Sent: Wednesday, December 10, 2003 11:47 AM
  Subject: Re: admission charges

  To the best of my knowledge, we only charge for events for which we have to rent the larger concert hall next door - operas, symphony concerts, band concerts, etc. We have a September Concert Series on Sundays in September we sell tickets for, and that money goes for scholarships. I have long had the idea that there shouldn't be a problem getting $2-$3 from students and maybe $5 for other, for faculty and student recitals in our 198 seat recital hall, but I'm not on any such committee. With 400 undergrads required to attend 10 concerts or recitals each semester....

  Folks fuss about the athletic programs not having a problem getting money, but they do sell tickets.
  My thoughts,
  Jeff