admission charges

Jeff Tanner jtanner@mozart.sc.edu
Wed, 10 Dec 2003 14:47:44 -0500

To the best of my knowledge, we only charge for events for which we=20
have to rent the larger concert hall next door - operas, symphony=20
concerts, band concerts, etc.  We have a September Concert Series on=20
Sundays in September we sell tickets for, and that money goes for=20
scholarships.  I have long had the idea that there shouldn't be a=20
problem getting $2-$3 from students and maybe $5 for other, for faculty=20=

and student recitals in our 198 seat recital hall, but I'm not on any=20
such committee.  With 400 undergrads required to attend 10 concerts or=20=

recitals each semester....

Folks fuss about the athletic programs not having a problem getting=20
money, but they do sell tickets.
My thoughts,
Jeff

On Wednesday, December 10, 2003, at 12:00 PM, Wimblees@aol.com wrote:

> Friends
> =A0
> I have been assigned to the events committee of our music department.=20=

> We are considering charging admission to faculty recitals and ensemble=20=

> concerts. I would like to ask techs at major state schools what your=20=

> school's policy is on this, and how much is being charged.
> =A0
> Wim
> Willem Blees, RPT
> Piano tuner/technician