Shop ventilation

Greg Granoff gjg2@humboldt.edu
Mon, 8 Dec 2003 10:39:42 -0800

Lance,

Here at Humboldt our shop was fitted with a "fume hood" (actually two) =
that while a relatively low cfm--sorry I don't know the specs off hand-- =
work very well because
the hoods are on swiveling extendable arms with flexible ducting to =
accomodate the extending/swiveling  function. The ability to "point" the =
hood and actually get it right at bench top hight and next to the the =
work (as in a set of lacquered hammers) makes the low cfm no problem.  =
The brand name of the system was "Coppus", out of Millbury, MA, if =
that's any help.
I think these systems are more often seen in science labs, but seem =
ideal for this use.

Greg
Greg Granoff   RPT
Humboldt State University
  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: Erwinspiano@aol.com=20
  To: caut@ptg.org=20
  Sent: Monday, December 08, 2003 8:12 AM
  Subject: Re: Shop ventilation

  In a message dated 12/8/2003 5:12:03 AM Pacific Standard Time, =
lancelafargue@bellsouth.net writes:
    Thanks,

    The landlord owns the whole large strip and is a builder himself.  =
He knows how to do the vent, he=E2=80=99s just asking me about type/CFM, =
etc.  He is familiar with the ordinances, etc.  Thanks.  I=E2=80=99ll =
look at Granger.  Anyone find any CFM guidelines?

    =20

    Lance Lafargue, RPT

    LAFARGUE PIANOS

    New Orleans Chapter, PTG

    985.72P.IANO

    lancelafargue@bellsouth.net

    =20

       Lance
     No guideline but a space that small won't require that much cfm. =
This spec might accompany the fan info. in granger
    Dale