Shop ventilation

Horace Greeley hgreeley@stanford.edu
Sun, 07 Dec 2003 18:58:28 -0800

Hi, Lance,

At 09:11 PM 12/7/2003 -0500, Dale Erwin wrote:
>I Try the granger catologue . They have many different sizes of this type
>of industrial device. Try their web site.

The place to start with Grainger is:

http://www.grainger.com/Grainger/wwg/start.shtml

It takes a couple of minutes to set up an "account" with them so that you
can more directly access their search engine and/or order on line.  I have
found it worthwhile.

Before going too far, you might want to find out what your friendly,
neighborhood EPA folks will let you do.  Anything over a certain (pretty
small) volume may move you mostly out of local control (in terms of air
quality issues).  It used to be quantified in terms of gallons of material
used per year; but that might vary by jurisdiction (state).  It's worth a
look...in CA the fines are $10K per occurrence.

Having spent many otherwise quite marvelous mornings in Jackson Park at
Cafe du Monde while the local brewery was dumping it's detritus, it is hard
to imagine that lacquering a few sets of hammers would be found to be so
obnoxiously intrusive.  Why, yes!  I do believe I will have another
Begnit...and, some more cream, too, if you please!

Best.

Horace