Shop ventilation

Sun, 07 Dec 2003 21:40:35 -0500

Lance -
There may be more to it than you think. While you don't appear to intend to
do any spray finishing, you are concerned about the nuisance impact of the
materials you mentioned.  You may be conscientiously attempting to avoid a
problem while walking into another one.  You need to be sure you're not in
violation of any zoning ordinances by venting to the roof.  You should
probably talk to a ventilation engineer in the area. Also, if your
perforating the roof membrane you need to be very careful about water
leaks.  Good luck.

David Skolnik