harpsichord moving?

Dennis Johnson johnsond@stolaf.edu
Thu, 04 Dec 2003 12:17:46 -0600

Hi-

Individual caster cups may work just fine.  I just haven't had much
experience with them and have always felt guarded against them (perhaps
unfairly).  My personal preference was just to be careful with the
instrument and lift with several people while rolling it around.  The
players out- voted me on that one.  I think the arrangement we have though
is solid and no concern about it coming off with normal, careful use.  A
person would have to intentionally want to do so or be so careless they
don't belong there in the first place.   At least this truck is also
supporting the legs together and our floor is anything but smooth.
Unfortunately the pedals now sit maybe 1" or so higher, which some players
would rather not deal with.  All Jansen did was cut concert beams shorter
and match with a 7' truck center plate.  It's looks better than you might
imagine- but not as nice as without one.  Judgment call.

cheers-

dennis.