Speaking of Harpsichords

Keith McGavern kam544@gbronline.com
Thu, 4 Dec 2003 11:37:11 -0600

Hello group,

I just tuned a 3 choir, 2 manual harpsichord that also has a keyboard
that can be manually shifted from left to right and vice versa, a
transposing feature I guess. Yes/No?

Anyhow, before I knew this shifting feature existed and that it was
already in its shifted mode, I was quite perplexed to figure out why
none of the notes I played did not line up with the tuning pins I
wanted to tune.

The tuning would have been a disaster if I hadn't found out in time.

For those unaware as I was, hopefully this little email will be of
some help to you in the future. For those of you who already know, I
see you smiling.

Best,

Keith McGavern, RPT
Oklahoma Baptist University