Interesting Story (OT) tad more OT

Jim Busby jim_busby@byu.edu
Wed, 3 Dec 2003 18:43:18 -0700

Of course whiff comes from the Greek word wiffoka which means...

-----Original Message-----
From: caut-bounces@ptg.org [mailto:caut-bounces@ptg.org] On Behalf Of
Richard Brekne
Sent: Wednesday, December 03, 2003 10:45 AM
To: ilvey@sbcglobal.net; College and University Technicians
Subject: Re: Interesting Story (OT) tad more OT

David Ilvedson wrote:

> Well I've heard of "whiff" as in slight scent/smell of something.
Spellcheck had no problem with whiff but it didn't like wift ...;-]

> David I.

Ahhhh yes... spell check. I generally dont use the darned things...
because they usually get me in about as much trouble as they get me out
of.  maybe the word was ... whift... or whiff... WHIFF  !! Yessss that
was it... I'd taken a turn on the word whiff... meaning a nostorial
stimulation brought on by something being whifted under ones pectorial
extremity. Whiff being the noun... whift being the verb...

to whift, whifted, had waft, to be waffted, will be whifticated....
there's gotta be something like this in the english dictionary :)

--
Richard Brekne
RPT, N.P.T.F.