harpsichord moving?

John Minor jminor@uiuc.edu
Wed, 3 Dec 2003 15:09:37 -0600 (CST)

Don,

"A picture is worth a thousand words." How about it? Can you send one?

John

On Wed, 3 Dec 2003, Don McKechnie wrote:

]I made trucks (similar to piano trucks) out of solid maple planks for
]our two harpsichords. They work well for rolling the instruments
]anywhere in the building. Mortise some holes on the top to fit the
]bottom of the legs. Attach 3" casters and you are in business.
]
]Don
]
]
]>  Subject:
]>          Harpsichord moving?
]>     Date:
]>          Tue, 02 Dec 2003 13:10:13 -0600 (CST)
]>    From:
]>          John Minor
]>      To:
]>          caut@ptg.org
]>
]>
]>
]> Our harpsichords are moved frequently and we would like a simpler way to
]> move them. They are not on casters, so we use the individual 3-wheel
]> rollers under 3 of the legs.
]>
]> Does anyone have a simple system for moving harpsichords without putting
]> them on their sides?
]>
]> John Minor
]> University of Illinois