It's Alive!!!!

David M. Porritt dm.porritt@verizon.net
Wed, 3 Dec 2003 12:15:23 -0600

Roger:
What kind of hairspray?
dave

David M. Porritt, RPT
Meadows School of the Arts
Southern Methodist University
Dallas, TX 75275

From: Roger Jolly <roger.j@sasktel.net>
To: College and University Technicians <caut@ptg.org>
Subject: Re: It's Alive!!!!

Hi Wim,
                Comments like, "It is stiffer".  Is all too often=
 tone related.  Just last weekend I had this comment from=
 Vladimir Viardo, who was playing Rach2, sprayed the strike=
 points with hair spray, and he thought I was a genius.  He=
 thanked me for making the action more even and lighter.  =
 (Chuckling)  All I did was spray the hammers.5 mins work tops. =
 Next time I see the piano, buff off the Hair Spray crust with=
 400 grit paper.  Now how do I charge for  for a full voicing=
 job?

Since you are getting these comments from visiting performers of=
 out standing quality, it really sounds as if the piano needs=
 more tone building,  Are your Profs  in the league of Misha=
 Dichter?    OMG University politics.  <G>

Walk carefully and carry a big stick.
Roger