Interesting Story (OT) tad more OT

Mary Smith MarySmith@mail.utexas.edu
Wed, 3 Dec 2003 12:02:32 -0600

Word nerd checking in...Webster's sez that WHIFF can be a noun or a
verb. Generally, I hate verbing nouns, but in this case, the big book
OK's it. "Whiff" as a noun means "a slight trace or indication."
"Whiff" as a verb means "to carry or convey by or as if by a whiff."
For those who are interested...

Mary

P.S. It also gives "smoke" as a meaning for the verb, which is what I
think a few folks have been doing a bit too much of!