Harpsichord moving?

Wimblees@aol.com Wimblees@aol.com
Tue, 2 Dec 2003 14:32:33 EST

In a message dated 12/2/03 1:10:44 PM Central Standard Time, jminor@uiuc.edu
writes:
Our harpsichords are moved frequently and we would like a simpler way to
move them. They are not on casters, so we use the individual 3-wheel
rollers under 3 of the legs.

Does anyone have a simple system for moving harpsichords without putting
them on their sides?

John Minor
University of Illinois
I presume you don't need to tip the h'chord on it's side top get it out of
the room where it's stored, as is the case at UA.

What I would recommend is a Heavy Duty Rubbermaid Service Cart. They come in
different sizes, but I use the 26" x 36" size. I also use this cart to move
actions around. I got mine from Grainger for about $190, including a middle
shelve. (pp.2351 in the latest catalogue).

Wim
Willem Blees, RPT
Piano tuner/technician
School of Music