Interesting Story (OT)

Tue, 02 Dec 2003 05:34:41 -0600

At 12:05 12/2/2003 +0100, you wrote:
>Ok folks....
>
>just so we all are aware of it :):)... we've gone several months now
>without delving into the realm of politics or the like. Its been nice if
>you ask me. This is an interesting story to be sure... and we could ask
>ourselves a lot of relevant questions like "where are the cloths we are
>wearing really made" or "who picks those bananas we eat and how much are
>they paid".... and so on and so on... But... do we really want to do
>that here ??
>
>Just asking :)
>
>Cheers
>RicB

well, ric...

as someone who lives in a town which just lost a battle to keep OUT a
supersizedmegawalmart, i found the article most interesting.  thanks, tim.

and, as someone else noted in days gone by, you didn't have to click on the
link in an already designated OT post.

as far as relevance is concerned:
- more jobs shipped out of the country > fewer parents able to send kids to
colleges > colleges cutting costs to deal with dwindling enrollments by
eliminating "excess" positions = unemployed cauts

my 2¢{US}

Conrad Hoffsommer - Music Technician
Vox-(563)-387-1204 // Fax (563)-387-1076

- Education is what you get from reading the small print. Experience is
what you get from not reading it.