Interesting Story (OT)

Susan Kline skline@peak.org
Tue, 02 Dec 2003 00:53:24 -0800

At 09:57 PM 12/1/2003 -0600, you wrote:
>I found this story to be very  interesting.
>
>http://www.fastcompany.com/magazine/77/walmart.html
>
>Tim Coates
>University of South Dakota
>University of Sioux Falls

Too true. That does it. No more shopping at WalMart.
Actually, Corvallis turned down WalMart. I'm proud of them.
I've seen other articles which detailed how WalMart (and
stores like it) suck the life out of everything around
them.

And I'm tired of not being able to find anything which isn't
made in China. I'm going to be a much more discriminating
shopper in the future. We're buying all this Chinese stuff
on credit, anyhow, because they're subsidizing the trade
imbalances by buying our government bonds -- and how many
can they buy before they get tired of holding trillions of
dollars of our debt? And where does that leave us, when they
no longer want any more dollars, and all our factories have
closed their doors?

Susan