Schimmel piano sound

Lance Lafargue lancelafargue@bellsouth.net
Wed, 30 Apr 2003 12:47:29 -0500

Ed, I'd like to hear any responses you get.  I mostly deal with the capo
noise in the treble and voice as Renner recommends, nothing unusual.  After
hearing that Schimmel's manual calls for involved techniques, my interest is
peaked. Thanks,
Lance Lafargue, RPT
Mandeville, LA
New Orleans Chapter, PTG
lancelafargue@bellsouth.net
985.72P.IANO

  -----Original Message-----
  From: caut-bounces@ptg.org [mailto:caut-bounces@ptg.org]On Behalf Of Ed
Sutton
  Sent: Saturday, April 26, 2003 9:54 AM
  To: College and University Technicians
  Subject: Schimmel piano sound

  Dear Pros!
      Has anyone out there experience and opinions about voicing Schimmel
pianos, especially the 6'10" grand?
      My experience of these pianos amounts to 2 on the showroom floor.
They seem mechanically wonderful, but the sound leaves me cold. Brittle,
bright, no change of timbre.
      One of these is available at a price a teacher can afford, but it is
so far off from her ideals of sound that I hesitate to mention it.
      Can these pianos be made warm, rich, gentle on the ears in a small
studio?
      Thank you.
          Ed Sutton