Concert Grand Trucks

Alan Crane alan.crane@wichita.edu
Tue, 15 Apr 2003 08:53:04 -0500

Looks like a fun machine and probably pretty useful in sales/display
situations...
But...
I don't think I'd have any use for it here at WSU.
Remember how much a tuning on vertical pianos can be altered simply by
shifting the position of the piano on the floor?  If the floor isn't
perfectly flat, the new position of the casters (relative to each other) on
the floor can torque the frame structure enough to significantly affect the
tuning.
That's one of the neat things about grands; their three-point support
system largely eliminates this effect.
On looking at this moving device, however, I get the impression that it
takes the normal frame/structure stresses and shifts them about 180 degrees
(and then back again when the piano is placed back on its legs).
I'd be interested to know how, and how much, this affects the tuning.

At 06:52 AM 4/15/03 -0500, you wrote:
>Ron:
>
>I've emailed these people a couple of times and I finally got this
>message back from them:
>
>"Please excuse my delay in answering you. At this moment in time we
>do , the GPT is only available for use in Europe. "However, we are
>presently discussing the possibility of exporting to North America.
>I'll get back to you asap when i have some definate details.
>"Greetings
>"Toss Levy"
>
>dave

Regards,