HT help

Ron Koval drwoodwind@hotmail.com
Tue, 01 Apr 2003 20:12:18 +0000

Wim wrote:
The tech is an RPT, and familiar with HT's. He used an SATIII to do the
tuning, but then "tweaked" it.
<snip>

OK, Now the plot thickens..... We're dealing with a "tweaked" Jousse from a
SAT III calculation.  So, I'm afraid, to get to what was tuned in the past,
you will need to find out what tests the previous tech used to do his
tweaking.  Anyone out there have an aural recipe for the Jousse?

To answer your second point, yes, just a cent or two difference in a couple
of places WILL make a difference in how the temperament plays.  I don't know
if you were around during the "nailing down" of the EBVT, but there was a
similar problem of tweaking the tuning, customizing the tuning to each
piano...... a moving target that was impossible to get a fix on.  I ended up
calling what Mr. Bremmer does as a tuning style, as opposed to a fixed
temperament.  I would guess if the testing involved equal beating intervals,
then depending on the inharmonicity of the piano, you could be led to a
different tuning, based on some of those tests.

Can you get a message to the other RPT?

Ron Koval
Concordia U.