Which Partial ?

Don pianotuna@accesscomm.ca
Wed, 30 Oct 2002 07:10:47 -0600

Hi Jon,

Octave type has only general guidelines. It is quite possible for f3 to f4
to be a 6:3 or a 4:2 and sometimes a 2:1 or an 8:4. Thats one of the
difficulties of tuning. If we "force" an octave type on a piano then it may
suffer. It's the same old catch 22. Our ears must make the judgement and
our heads can only provide "suggestions". One of the interesting things
about using "computer" devices is that you can also do in the extreme bass
an 11:5.5 which of course does not exist in the real world (at least with
RCT you can do this)