Hmmmmm....($$$$$$$$)

Wimblees@aol.com Wimblees@aol.com
Fri, 25 Oct 2002 17:47:42 EDT

In a message dated 10/25/02 4:18:58 PM Central Daylight Time,
stranges@Oswego.EDU writes:

> Soo.. whatcha all think of next years convention registration fees....
>
> :(
>
> Phooey.

I don't know what it is, but what ever the price, it worth every penny.

I recently got a brochure on how to write grants. A one day seminar,
including lunch, is $129. A 4 and a half day seminar, including 4 lunches, is
$695. And this is where everyone at the seminar sits in one room, and one
instructor teaches the whole time.

Given the amount of education we get, what PTG members pay for registration
fees for conventions seminars and even dues, is, in my opinion, the best
bargain around. No other organization charges this little, and has that many
benefits for it's members. As I told someone this morning, (I'm at the North
Caroline Conference in Atlanta), The PTG is like a church where a lot of
member give freely of their time and efforts, for the betterment of everyone
in the organization.

So, again, no matter how much it costs, somehow find the money, because you
can't buy education like this anywhere else.

OK, I'll get off the soap box now.

Wim

Wim