buffing agraffes

Mark Cramer Cramer@BrandonU.CA
Fri, 18 Oct 2002 18:50:34 -0500

Looking back Tim, you indeed gave very good instructions on your method.
Sorry for my oversight.

Mark

-----Original Message-----
From: caut-bounces@ptg.org [mailto:caut-bounces@ptg.org]On Behalf Of Tim
Coates
Sent: Tuesday, October 15, 2002 10:16 PM
To: College and University Technicians
Subject: Re: buffing agraffes

Mark,

The steps you didn't mention in the method I suggested:  re-sizing the holes
and lacquering.  No agraffe rebuild is done correctly without doing that.  I
don't like the dull and powdery looking finish either.  That's why I clear
coat.  I made a special point about lacquering.  If you where to compare the
two methods correctly the only difference is one buffs/polishes and one
doesn't.

It seems you want the high polish look, so these are mute points anyway.
No
offense taken, just pointing out what the true differences are.

Tim Coates
Wapin  Co., LLP