bobble heads rule(r)

Vincent E. Mrykalo mrykalve@potsdam.edu
Thu, 17 Oct 2002 10:41:44 -0400

Hi-
I don't think it's more momentum that allows the hammer to check, but
that the hammer comes down to the backcheck much later thereby
allowing not only the backcheck to be slightly higher, but also the
jack to be more out of the way of the knuckle.

>Ed asks an important question here. If you don't use a string height gauge,
>the hammers, when played, will go up further than they do in the piano, and
>have more momentum coming back down into the backcheck. Thus, they will
check better on the bench.

--
Vince Mrykalo RPT MPT
Senior Piano Technician