bobble heads rule(r)

Ron Koval drwoodwind@hotmail.com
Thu, 17 Oct 2002 14:33:53 +0000

Wim, I went back and looked at your first message:

Problem: Bobbling hammers on a S&S M from C5 on down. I mean, they don't
even
check on a hard blow.  Some of them are checking, but only on a hard blow.
The rest just bobble. New hammers, shanks and flanges.

And then you mentioned that the action worked fine on the bench........

Is the damper upstop rail set too low?   Something has to be happening as
the action goes into the piano, so that leaves out any adjustments to
regulation.  You checked the bedding already....  Do you get the same dip in
the piano?

Cool puzzle!

Ron Koval
Chicagoland