Square grand cart

Mark Cramer Cramer@BrandonU.CA
Tue, 15 Oct 2002 15:38:22 -0500

move, I asked whether anyone new of a pre-fab dolly. There were none, but
several of you suggested having one custom made.

This is an excellent idea, and a tremendous cost-savings over the
purchase/shipping of a new supply-house unit.

I've had a number of these made over the years for the 3-legged beasts;
traditional flat-iron adjustable, fixed dimension/vertical steel arms (it
don't bounce nor bow!), and a really sweet unit made of telescopic
dimensioned square-steel tubing. However, with the square-piano, I just
could not get my head around a design.

Alternatively, I saved a set of leg dollies (only available in sets of
3!!!), with hope of someday liberating a second set to make the four-some.
When this day finally arrived, I was dismayed to find the dimension much too
small to accomodate the piano's thick, heavily carved feet! :>(

That's when it occurred to me the possibility of recessing a dual-wheel
castor within the leg. This process took an hour for the first, and 15
minutes per leg for the remaining 3. The pedal height was raised by 3/8" (an
acceptable compromise, IMHO), the piano's appearance basically unaltered,
and it rolls like a dream!

thanks, all
Mark Cramer,
Brandon University