uprights

Wimblees@aol.com Wimblees@aol.com
Fri, 11 Oct 2002 18:40:04 EDT

In a message dated 10/11/02 4:05:25 PM Central Daylight Time,
pianotuna@accesscomm.ca writes:

> Hi Wim,
>
> I don't agree at all with that statement. Prices for pianos are so
> negotiable. Some of the Korean product are now, imho, as good as the
> Japanese--but at a much better price.

Lets look at the prices. Now I'm quoting Ancott, and these are MSRP. I
realize dealers are willing to come down form these prices. But for
comparison sake, lets keep them at regular retail.

Looking at 50" to 52" studios, in order, from least expensive.
Pearl River     51          $3490   China
Krakauer           50         $3500    China
Bergman         52          $3590    China
Ritmuller           51        $3920    China
Weber           52          $4880    China
Kohler & Campbell  52   $5390    S.Korea
Samick           52         $5390    S.Korea
Hyundai          52         $5598    S.Korea
Hallet & Davis     52       $5680    S. Korea
Young Chang      52         $5990    S.Korea
Story & Clark      53       $5990    China
Reiger Kloss       50       $6790    Czech
Weinbach          50          $7100    Czech
Seidle & Sons    50         $7236    Czech
Petrof               50         $7500    Czech
Kawai            50         $7790    Japan
Pramberger        52          $9390    SKorea
Schulze Pullman  50         $9900    Itally
Petrof                 52       $10018    Czech
Baldwin            52       $10310  US
Kawai              52       $10490   Japan
Yamaha               52      $10790  Japan
Boston             52      $11540   Japan

Schimmel      52      $18,200  Germany

Now which one of the South Korea, other than the Pramberger Series, are, in
your opinion, of the same quality than the Japanese, or Czech products. I
would grant that the Pramberger series is probably of the same quality, but I
have not had any experience with that model. But then the price is right up
there with the other pianos.

Wim