Protective cover for an SD-10

Elwood Doss, Jr. edoss@utm.edu
Thu, 10 Oct 2002 16:05:43 -0500

Our Music Department shares the theatre with the Theatre people and we also have a Baldwin SD-10 that must stay in the Theatre (we have to take the doors off the exit to get it out, or so I'm told).  The Chairman of the Department of Music and the Chairman of the Theatre Department are interested in building a wood case for the piano to be rolled into.  We would also like it to be strong enough for storage, if possible.  The Theatre Department Chair suggested the case could be placed on wheels.

I'm sure many of you have dealt with this problem before.  Could you let me know what you all did--size, materials, how difficult is it to get the piano out, etc.?  If any of you have plans, I would much appreciate a copy.

Thanks, in advance for your help.

Joy!
Elwood Doss, Jr.
Piano Technician/Technical Director