Shank/Flange Weights

Wed, 09 Oct 2002 22:22:26 +0200

Avery Todd wrote:

> Without adding a lot more clutter to the list, I think I
> understand everything you said in the post. I do have one
> more question, though.
>
> I believe Richard B. said he put the lightest shanks in
> the low bass and went heavier up from there. I believe you
> said the opposite. That my main point of confusion right
> now.

Grin... I understand your confusion.... but you see the thing
is that I end up doing that because the hammers I get are
generally very heavy in the bass, and then have a sudden drop
in weight at the tenor break. So I use shank SW's to
compensate for this. The set of hammers you posted presents a
different problem. Your hammer dead weights are pretty smooth
over the tenor / bass break.

Jons last post was short and to the point. Check out Davids
web site, re-read and re think... and dont worry. The light
will go on and then you will have to start looking for the
next light switch. :)

> I'm just trying to understand the best way to install the
> parts to minimize extra work later. I'll stop this for
> today and let everyone get back to work. :-) Thanks again.
>
> Avery

Ask away... we are here for each other !
--
Richard Brekne
RPT, N.P.T.F.