EBVT Offsets (compilation)

Sat, 05 Oct 2002 09:28:51 +0200

I have to echo Kents post here. Remember the ETD samples only 3 to 6 notes and
projects the rest of the pianos inharmonicity onto it... whether it likes it
or not. In the range C4 downwards this gets quite a bit less reliable then
perhaps many of us are aware. And its not exactly perfectly dependable upwards
for that matter.

Its good enough to provide an ok ET tuning (perhaps its better to say quasi ET
tuning), but if you are so reliant on beat rates as it might seem an Equal
Beating temperement is, you may run into more difficulty then expected with
simple cents offsets.

RicB