EBVT Offsets (compilation)

Ron Koval drwoodwind@hotmail.com
Sat, 05 Oct 2002 01:38:21 +0000

Ron and all-

The confusion has come from an aural tuner trying to translate into numbers
what he has been doing.  Having a machine, but scorning it at the same time
wasn't very helpful. It seems that his written directions were not exactly
clear either......

But, looking at the present numbers seems to indicate he's got it this time.
  The ratio of M3 to m3 in most chords works out to a 1:2 or a 2:3 beating
ratio.  Rare, for a "small" temperament.  Paul Bailey's "full-strength"
temperament was constructed with this in mind.

In case it is never said anywhere else, this has been a group effort with
many people prodding and helping to get this translated into a usable form.
I think there's probably a better way to write the aural directions, once
this has been put on a spreadsheet, and all the beat rates displayed
clearly.

Help any?
Ron Koval
(the other Ron)