Richard Goode

Avery Todd atodd@UH.EDU
Fri, 04 Oct 2002 08:33:21 -0500

Ray,

The concert here in Houston, as listed on a flyer they had in the lobby
here, is:

Haydn: Symphony No. 73 "La Chasse" in D major
E. Carter: Symphony No. 1
Beethoven: Piano Concerto No. 4 in G major

Let us know how it goes. Good luck.

Now, I've got to go prep the other 'D' for a recital tonight by
18 yr. old Amy Yang, who recently won the National Chopin Piano
Competition of the Kosciuszko Foundation in New York City. Her
father, Hua Yang, is on staff here as our computer guy & is also
a fairly well-known composer in China.

In case anyone is interested in programs, hers is:

Bach: Toccata in D Major
Mendelssohn: Variations Serieuses, Op. 54
Schumann: Arabeske, Op. 18
Schumann: Kinderszenen, Op. 15
Hua Yang: Three Movements from Homesick
Chopin: Andante Spianato et Grande Polonaise

She's currently on a full scholarship studying with Claude Frank
at Curtis. Interesting to me is that Curtis furnishes Steinway
grand pianos for these students to have in their apartments,
although the student has to pay for the tunings. :-)

Sorry I got off the subject a little bit.

Avery