Richard Goode

Avery Todd atodd@UH.EDU
Thu, 03 Oct 2002 11:17:02 -0500

Ray,

This post is a little belated but I wanted to wait until today to
post anything.

Richard Goode is performing here in Houston at Jones Hall (the main
downtown venue) with the Orpheus Chamber Orchestra.

They held an open rehearsal here at the university this morning and
I just heard the run-through of the Beethoven 4th. I agree with what
Greg and maybe others have said. He plays just beautifully and very
musically. He said he really liked the instrument I put out for him to
use and from what I heard in the rehearsal, if you pay attention to
even voicing and just normal good regulation, you'll be fine.

Is he playing a solo recital? Just curious.

Also, if any of you ever get a chance to hear that orchestra, it's
worth the time. In case you don't know of them (I didn't), they
perform without a conductor. I'll have to say, I've heard orchestras
"with" a conductor that didn't play together that well.

I understand that they even do "sessions" with corporations, teaching
their people how to work together better, group dynamics, etc.

Avery
University of Houston