Fortepiano Wire (was Re: Brass wire)

Conrad Hoffsommer hoffsoco@luther.edu
Tue, 26 Nov 2002 08:41:25 -0600

At 09:39 11/26/2002 -0500, you wrote:
>Blaine,
>I just had a thought.  How do you think it would work to carefully unwind
>the old string off the pin and try the same trick using the unwound coil?
>If the loop will hold without breaking with the paper clip trick, what
>would be the difference?
>
>Jeff Tanner

I doubt you could ever do it.  That wire only needs to be worked 4-5 times
before it will break cleanly. That's how I regularly take the "tail" off a
french knot when I am stringing.

Conrad Hoffsommer - Music Technician
Luther College, 700 College Drive, Decorah, Iowa 52101-1045
Voice-(563)-387-1204  //  Fax (563)-387-1076(Dept.office)

-The only substitute for good manners is fast reflexes.