Tuning lever tip: quality of fit?

Richard Moody remoody@midstatesd.net
Tue, 26 Nov 2002 01:03:25 -0600

> You should try the Japanese "Watanabe" tuning tips and tuning
lever. > found those to be exceptionnally good.
> I think they are available from Pianotek.
>
> Marcel Carey, RPT
> Sherbrooke  QC

I concur on Watanabe.   I bought a two inch tip in Chicago and
have been very happy with it for both uprights and grands.

As far as "not fitting the pin" I don't mind a loose fit as you
can "bang" the pin if you want.  Bang is not the right word, but
if there is play you can nudge or jerk at the pin using the play.

The Watanabe fits very well though.

With the two inch Watanabe everything I do is magnified in that
whatever I do with the hammer I feel I have more control over when
using that tip.
I am not paid by Watanabe but if they want to pay for future
endorsements that would be wonderful.

As far as knowing how good your tip is, the best way is to get
together with one or two or three other tuners for a comparison.
---Richard Moody