Fortepiano Wire (was Re: Brass wire)

Avery Todd atodd@UH.EDU
Mon, 25 Nov 2002 11:28:19 -0600

Jeff,

I'm no HT pro, by any means, but a couple of thoughts come to mind. First,
wouldn't you be able to get a stringing scale from the manufacturer? We
have that for both of our harpsichords.

Second, how about micing the part of the string that's coiled around the
tuning pin? There wouldn't be much, if any, stretching there, I would think.
Just some thoughts.

Avery