Tuning lever tip: quality of fit?

kam544@gbronline.com kam544@gbronline.com
Mon, 25 Nov 2002 10:10:07 -0600

>... I ask you to give me a hint so I know if I might
>have obtained a tip which is unnormally badly fitting ...
>Michael

Michael,

I have found tuning tip sizes are like pant sizes. You have to try
several to find one that generally fits best in most situations. And
then you need the other sizes for the other times. Tuning pins are
not made equal either. So the problem is somewhat compounded.

So it's fun and games with every piano you meet. And you learn to
work with what you have until you find something more to your liking.
I've never known it to be any other way, always reinvesting the money
made, to perchance find and buy the next better tool to do the job at
hand.

Convention time is one of the more excellent times to shop for tools.
Catalog shopping is, well, you take what they send you, and sometimes
it falls short of the mark according to personal tastes.

You appear to be a very quick study, because at least you know what
you don't like. That's a significant time saver.

Best,

Keith McGavern, RPT
Oklahoma Baptist University
Saint Gregory's University